Tuesday, October 14, 2014

VAPIANO CLOSES AT BETHESDA ROW (PHOTOS)

Vapiano has closed permanently at Bethesda Row. Shocker! Right? Well, not exactly in my case. I've been aware that Vapiano's space has been for lease for about 10 days. During that time, I have attempted to confirm the status of Vapiano. Ralph Ours, Leasing Director at Federal Realty, replied on October 3 that "Vapiano is still operating at Bethesda Row."

I now have confirmation from Vapiano that their Bethesda Row location is indeed closed, and the space is up for lease by Federal Realty. In recent times, I've noticed less activity around the outside of Vapiano, but still always saw people in there when going past. The location is not the best for foot traffic, and now it faces a construction zone across the street. It will be interesting to see if the next tenant can make a go of it, or if this is going to be one of those tough spots like the one currently occupied by Tyber Bierhaus, where several businesses have come and gone in recent years.
This is certainly sad news, as it seems like yesterday I was attending the VIP party for the restaurant's grand opening. There's no such thing as too many pizza or pasta options, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment